Gaseous & Diesel Fuel Systems 101
Primarily a hands-on lab experience, this class is designed as a “short, sweet and to the point” dive into the basic principles, operation, and service in regard to the fuel systems employed by most common standby generators.
We’ve set this up to take an entry level technician and get them familiar with system identification, proper service, and basic maintenance as a solid baseline to work off of. We will specifically cover propane, natural gas and diesel powered gensets – if you have interest in other fuel systems, we suggest receiving specific training from those manufacturers.
- This is a 16-hour, 2-day, 8-hour per day course
- Taught in English
- Class is limited to 10 students
2023 Course Sessions Available
- August 24 – 25, 2023
- November 30 – December 1, 2023
Choose one date range. Registration link is at the bottom of the page.
At the completion of this class, students should be able to:
- Identify propane and natural gas fuel systems.
- Identify the proper pressures these gaseous systems operate at.
- Identify a variety of common diesel fuel systems, such as PNL, Common Rail, unit pump and more.
- Properly service these fuel systems to ensure reliable and consistent engine life.
- Connect diagnostic gauges for basic pressure measurements.
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
This class is part of our “6 week entry level / beginner / apprentice program” and is intended for students that are new to the industry with very limited experience. This is designed to get your feet off the ground and safely start servicing this equipment.
- Basic understanding of how to use a digital multi-meter (DVOM)
- Basic understanding of how to use a computer.
- Basic understanding of how an engine works.
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
- Steel toe or composite toe, electrical rated work boots.
- ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses.
- Appropriate work attire for a shop environment
- Appropriate hearing protection for operation of generators indoors.
- Notebook and pen / pencil or laptop for notetaking.
(Laptops are preferred)
$960.00 per student (a la carte)
Call for Details: Discounted Rate available if student registers for all 10 modules / 6 week beginner program, 603-363-4842.
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.
Course Instructor & Director of Education, On Site Power Academy
Jamie Claudeo Jr. started turning wrenches under his fathers watchful eye when he was just 10 years old climbing in and out of large commercial boilers. By end of high school he was attending vocational school for electrical trades and before graduating succeeded in taking first place at the state level SkillsUSA competition. Having a love for engines and machinery, he eventually moved into working on large trucks for Peterbilt after attending Universal Technical Institute in Pennsylvania and Arizona. After Hurricane Sandy decimated the northeast in 2012 he eventually made his way into Power generation, working for a small company out of NJ. His strong understanding of both electrical and engines allowed him to move up quickly – taking on large projects, and hard to troubleshoot problems across several states until eventually choosing to start his own business in 2022.
During his free time, Jamie enjoys traveling the world, dark beer, hiking, rock climbing, running and tinkering with old machinery. On more quiet relaxed evenings you can find him curled up on a giant bean bag chair enjoying a good video game.
Fill out the form below and we’ll get you registered.
Have a question? Want to join our email list?
Fill out the form below: