AC/DC Components 101:
Batteries, Voltage Regulators, Relays, Solenoids, DC Motors, Connectors
This is a hybrid classroom / lab experience with live hands-on equipment.
This is a familiarization class designed to put students right smack in front of all different types of electrical equipment – allowing them to become familiar with their operation and testing procedures. This class will get students familiar with finding resources to read and understanding basic electrical schematics. From there, we will dig into getting students familiar with trusting and relying on their meters. This buildup involves testing things like solenoids, fuses, relays etc.
- This is a 24-hour course spanning over three days, with 8-hours per day.
- This class is taught in English
- Limited to 10 students
2023 Course Sessions Available
- August 21 – 23, 2023
- November 27 – 29, 2023
Choose one date range. Registration link is at the bottom of the page.
At the completion of this class, students should be able to:
- Read elementary wiring schematics and locate resources to understand the symbols.
- Assemble basic wiring circuits.
- Test simple AC electrical components, such as circuit breakers, lights, generator output etc.
- Test simple DC electrical components, such as relays, solenoids, fuses, starters etc.
- Comfortably use their multi-meter to verify a parts “pass” or “fail” conditions.
Student Minimum Qualifications to Attend
This class is part of our “6 week entry level / beginner / apprentice program” and is intended for students that are new to the industry with very limited experience. This is designed to get your feet off the ground and safely start servicing this equipment.
- Basic generator understanding (operation, start / stop, residential VS commercial etc.)
Minimum Required Equipment & Safety Gear
- Steel toe or composite toe, electrical rated work boots.
- ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses.
- ANSI approved cut resistant gloves
- Appropriate work attire for a shop environment
- Appropriate hearing protection for operation of generators indoors.
- Notebook and pen / pencil or laptop for notetaking. (Laptops are preferred)
$1,440.00 per student (a la carte)
Call for Details: Discounted Rate available if student registers for all 10 modules / 6 week beginner program, 603-363-4842.
All registration fees are to be paid in full prior to the first day of class.
Please send checks payable to Mongoose Power Solutions c/o OPA! to PO Box 13, Spofford, NH 03462
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations are not included with registration and are the responsibility of the attendee/employer to arrange.
Click here for our hotel and travel recommendations.
Course Instructor & Director of Education, On Site Power Academy
Jamie Claudeo Jr. started turning wrenches under his fathers watchful eye when he was just 10 years old climbing in and out of large commercial boilers. By end of high school he was attending vocational school for electrical trades and before graduating succeeded in taking first place at the state level SkillsUSA competition. Having a love for engines and machinery, he eventually moved into working on large trucks for Peterbilt after attending Universal Technical Institute in Pennsylvania and Arizona. After Hurricane Sandy decimated the northeast in 2012 he eventually made his way into Power generation, working for a small company out of NJ. His strong understanding of both electrical and engines allowed him to move up quickly – taking on large projects, and hard to troubleshoot problems across several states until eventually choosing to start his own business in 2022.
During his free time, Jamie enjoys traveling the world, dark beer, hiking, rock climbing, running and tinkering with old machinery. On more quiet relaxed evenings you can find him curled up on a giant bean bag chair enjoying a good video game.
Fill out the form below and we’ll get you registered.
Have a question? Want to join our email list?
Fill out the form below: